martes, 21 de abril de 2015

Waiting on Wednesday (71): An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir

Publicado por Lina Jiménez en 21:30

Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spinethat spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

My pick this week is:

Title: An Ember in the Ashes
Series: Standalone
Author:Sabaa Tahir 
Date Published: April 28th 2015
Publisher: Razorbill

Set in a terrifyingly brutal Rome-like world, An Ember in the Ashes is an epic fantasy debut about an orphan fighting for her family and a soldier fighting for his freedom. It’s a story that’s literally burning to be told.

LAIA is a Scholar living under the iron-fisted rule of the Martial Empire. When her brother is arrested for treason, Laia goes undercover as a slave at the empire’s greatest military academy in exchange for assistance from rebel Scholars who claim that they will help to save her brother from execution.

ELIAS is the academy’s finest soldier—and secretly, its most unwilling. Elias is considering deserting the military, but before he can, he’s ordered to participate in a ruthless contest to choose the next Martial emperor.

When Laia and Elias’s paths cross at the academy, they find that their destinies are more intertwined than either could have imagined and that their choices will change the future of the empire itself.
 



Why I'm waiting:

  • I'm trying to branch out from all the dystopian novels I tend to read and this book seems to be a good choice
  • New authors are always welcome in my shelves, you can never guess if this newbie will become a personal favorite:)

10 comentarios:

Beth on 22 de abril de 2015, 0:20 dijo...

Omigosh, this book... An Ember in the Ashes... is sooooo good! I loved it. Yeah... no, seriously, one of the best books already for 2015. Hope you like it. Let me know, yeah?

My Waiting On Wednesday doesn't come out until 2016 but hey I'm super stoked about it. :)

Yvonne on 22 de abril de 2015, 4:23 dijo...

I am sooooo excited to read this!!! I already preordered it and hope to get it as soon as possible! I really can't wait any longer, I heard lots of positive things, ah! ♥

Here's my WoW! :)

Lizzie the Sarcastic Blonde on 22 de abril de 2015, 9:49 dijo...

I'm really excited for this book! It sounds so good!
Lizzie @ lizziethesarcasticblonde.blogspot.com

Stina @ Once Untold on 22 de abril de 2015, 17:05 dijo...

Really looking forward to this one. I hope you like the book! Check out my WoW!

leeanna @ leeanna.me on 22 de abril de 2015, 18:07 dijo...

It's a definite branching out from dystopians! I hope you enjoy it.

Leeanna.me: WoW

Aimee @ Deadly Darlings on 22 de abril de 2015, 22:09 dijo...

I'm exctied for this as well! Most early reviews have been really positive. :)

Aimee @ Deadly Darlings

Paulina on 23 de abril de 2015, 18:42 dijo...

Thanks for recommending it, I'm pretty excited about it:)

Paulina on 23 de abril de 2015, 18:45 dijo...

Thanks for stopping by:)

Paulina on 23 de abril de 2015, 18:47 dijo...

Me too, I really like the sound of the summary.

Paulina on 23 de abril de 2015, 18:53 dijo...

I've seen mixed reviews but I'm definitely going to read this.

Publicar un comentario

 

The Little Book Pixie Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos