lunes, 13 de abril de 2015

Top Ten Tuesday (61): Top Ten Inspiring Quotes from Books

Publicado por Lina Jiménez en 21:30

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted at The Broke and The Bookish.  Each week a new top ten list is posted, and to participate all you have to do is fill in YOUR top ten for the list.

Top Ten Inspiring Quotes from Books

I really like this prompt, this was hard to chose since I probably have over 3 notebooks filled with quotes that not just inspire me but I also just like the way a sentence was written.  These were the quotes that I noticed I've copied on paper more than once so I think they are the ones that speak to me the most:

"Life isn't fair, so you have to play the best game with the cards you're dealt."
-Mary Acosta, Dark Companion

"When the right moment appears, the key is to not let it pass."
-Jay Asher, The Future of Us

"Stories never end... Even if the books like to pretend they did"
-Cornelia Funke, Ink Blood

You are so brave and quiet I forget you are suffering.
                                       — Ernest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms

"Even in the midst of heartbreak you could still find yourself laughing."
-Cassandra Clare, What Really Happened in Peru

"The right thing and the easy thing are never the same"
-Kami García and Margaret Stohl. Beautiful Creautures

"You'll learn far more by listening than you ever will by speaking"
-David Estes, The Moon Dwellers

"The Less you say, the more weight your words will carry"
Leigh Bardugo, Siege and Storm

"It matter not what someone is born, but what they grow to be."
-J. K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

"I knew nothing but love and devotion when I was growing up. Trust me, it makes everything easier."
Julia Quinn, The Duke and I







13 comentarios:

Lauren dijo...

Excellent choices! I really like the first quote kicking off your list. We share the GoF quote.

Check out my TTT.

Jess Gofton dijo...

There are just so many wonderful quotes in Harry Potter, aren't there? The one you chose is one of my favourites, too. :) I love that you included a quote from the Inkworld trilogy, too! Such a great series.

Rosy on 14 de abril de 2015, 5:25 dijo...

Brilliant list, so many wonderful quotes! And so awesome to see a Julia Quinn quote!
My TTT

Paulina on 14 de abril de 2015, 10:57 dijo...

Yeah, I sometimes feel that I need to repeat the first quote too much. Thanks for stopping by:)

Paulina on 14 de abril de 2015, 12:35 dijo...

I think the even though Harry Potter id "for kids" you can still find many ways to be inspired by the series.

Beth on 14 de abril de 2015, 13:35 dijo...

I really love the Leigh Bardugo quote - it's basically my motto as an introvert! I'm much better at listening than speaking, anyway... (I love how optimistic the Cassandra Clare quote is too!)
Beth x
www.thequietpeople.com

Paulina on 14 de abril de 2015, 15:35 dijo...

She is proof that even romance novels (bodice rippers) can have good writing.

Amanda Holmes on 14 de abril de 2015, 16:18 dijo...

I love the quote from Ink Blood!

Emma Hunter on 14 de abril de 2015, 16:19 dijo...

Great quotes Paulina! Can never beat a Harry Potter quote ;D Here's my TTT @ Emma's Bookery if you would like to check it out :-) Have a great day!

Paulina on 14 de abril de 2015, 17:43 dijo...

I tell it to myself when I have a class presentation:)

Paulina on 14 de abril de 2015, 17:50 dijo...

The Cassandra Clare quote really helped get over a pretty bad relationship.

Paulina on 14 de abril de 2015, 17:58 dijo...

Ink Blood is one of my favorite series and the author understands perfectly how stories feel to me. Thanks for stopping by.

Paulina on 14 de abril de 2015, 18:49 dijo...

J. K. Rowling will always bee the Queen!

Publicar un comentario

 

The Little Book Pixie Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos