lunes, 6 de abril de 2015

Talon by Julie Kagawa Review

Publicado por Lina Jiménez en 18:00
Title: Talon
Series: Talon #1
Author:Julie Kagawa
Date Published:October 28th 2014
Publisher:  Harlequin Teen

In Julie Kagawa's groundbreaking modern fantasy series, dragons walk among us in human form. 

Long ago, dragons were hunted to near extinction by the Order of St. George, a legendary society of dragon slayers. Hiding in human form and growing their numbers in secret, the dragons of Talon have become strong and cunning, and they're positioned to take over the world with humans none the wiser. 

Ember and Dante Hill are the only sister and brother known to dragonkind. Trained to infiltrate society, Ember wants to live the teen experience and enjoy a summer of freedom before taking her destined place in Talon. But destiny is a matter of perspective, and a rogue dragon will soon challenge everything Ember has been taught. As Ember struggles to accept her future, she and her brother are hunted by the Order of St. George. 

Soldier Garret Xavier Sebastian has a mission to seek and destroy all dragons, and Talon's newest recruits in particular. But he cannot kill unless he is certain he has found his prey—and nothing is certain about Ember Hill. Faced with Ember's bravery, confidence and all-too-human desires, Garret begins to question everything that the Order has ingrained in him—and what he might be willing to give up to find the truth about dragons.




Before reading this book I was convinced that I would buy and read anything by Julie Kagawa, even if the thing I was reading was her shopping list. The thing is after reading two amazing series by the author I had huge expectations for Talon and it didn't even meet the basic ones

Pros:

- I like the concept of the series, please note that I said concept and not execution.

Cons:

-The idea of Dragons taking human shape was something that author Sophie Jordan tackled in her Firelight series and to be honest I wasn't a fan of those books either, I get that in a modern world Dragons would need to hide but it just seems so bland that they walk, talk and act like us.

-The books is bland it felt like the author had a checklist full of YA cliches and used them all here, each time I put my Kindle down all I could think was You published this instead of the final "Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten" book.

I still refuse to believe that Julie KAgawa wrote this, it feels like she hired a ghost author for this series and after hearing that it's going to be six books long I don't feel like investing my time or money in it.

Final Rating: photo rating_zpsnhtrqt63.png


2 comentarios:

Missie dijo...

I really enjoyed the book, but it definitely seemed like a hit or miss book for most. I thought it was an interesting concept and really unique world building.
Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

Paulina on 6 de abril de 2015, 20:28 dijo...

Yeah, sadly it might take sometime for me to give this series a second chance.

Publicar un comentario

 

The Little Book Pixie Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos