lunes, 9 de febrero de 2015

Top Ten Tuesday (53)

Publicado por Lina Jiménez en 21:30

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted at The Broke and The Bookish.  Each week a new top ten list is posted, and to participate all you have to do is fill in YOUR top ten for the list.

This week's topic is Top Ten Things I like/dislike in Romance Books

First come the dislikes:

1) Insta-Love: I certainly believe that you can be incredibly attracted to someone the second you lay eyes on them but I don't believe in loving them and needing them in your life after just one short interaction.

2)Cheating: I hate when the main character is in a relationship and has feelings for someone else and kisses/has sex with the person that is not her significant other; or the other situation when the main character falls for someone married/in a relationship and the official significant other is somehow at fault for getting in the way of true love.

3) The use of the phrase "Ever so softly", I don't know if it's that the phrase has been over used but I always roll my eyes when I read it.

4)Love triangles and /or love quadrangles: I hate it when Person A loves person B but has a lot of  chemistry with person C, even worse if person C likes person D who is having an affair with person E and person E is dating person A.

5)When the female lear or female love interest is different special and unlike another woman in the world, I hate it even more if she is incredibly beautiful but didn't know it.

6)When the male lead is an asshole and treats everyone like trash but he has the right to be this way because of his tragic backstory. Newsflash: Your past explains your actions but dos not justify them.

Things I like:

7) Slow-burn romance: Wether they have known each other a long time or you just met I love seeing two characters get to know each other before saying I love you.

8) When the male lead is a gentleman. I know that as a woman that I'm perfectly capable of opening doors and putting on my jacket but it is nice when my boyfriend does these things for me and it's wonderful reading about them.

9)Good communication. Many romance novels I've read have conflicts that could have been solved with a simple phone call or a conversation instead of all the problems and baggage that the assumptions the main couples make.

10)Happy Endings: Even when the ending seems like something Disney might write.



8 comentarios:

Danica Page on 9 de febrero de 2015, 23:40 dijo...

I agree with lack of communication. It's so annoying. I also love gentleman books. here's mine

Chrissi Reads on 10 de febrero de 2015, 0:03 dijo...

Brilliant list. I agree with all of your points, especially your dislikes!

christine danielle dijo...

Insta love is insta hate no more words needed.

My Top Ten Tuesday!

Mishma @ Chasing Faerytales on 10 de febrero de 2015, 4:55 dijo...

Though I love myself some bad boys,I hate asshole male leads.Especially they are ruse to the MC.

Here's my list

Paulina on 10 de febrero de 2015, 17:55 dijo...

I think it works both ways, since I've recently encountered heroines that are pretty rude themselves, if you can't respect someone then I don't think you can love them.

Paulina on 10 de febrero de 2015, 18:48 dijo...

Worst thing in romance to ever been invented.

Paulina on 10 de febrero de 2015, 18:49 dijo...

Thanks for reading!

Paulina on 10 de febrero de 2015, 18:50 dijo...

Yes, we live in a time where you can communicate instantly with someone even if they're on the other side of the world.

Publicar un comentario

 

The Little Book Pixie Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos