lunes, 2 de febrero de 2015

Top Ten Tuesday (52)

Publicado por Lina Jiménez en 22:30

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted at The Broke and The Bookish.  Each week a new top ten list is posted, and to participate all you have to do is fill in YOUR top ten for the list.

This week is Top Ten Books I Can't Believe I Haven't/Want To Read From X Genre


The Genre I chose was Contemporary YA since it's my least
 favorite YA Genre I'm pretty far behind with the staples 

1) Most books by John Green: Yes I've read The Fault In Our Stars and liked it but I wasn't blown away or reduced to tears, and I think I'm a bit wary of his books because they have all been incredibly hyped so my main fear is that the expectations I have for them are too big.

2) Anna and the French Kiss by  Stephanie Perkins: A lot of people love this book but the summary tells me the romance is between a girl named Anna and some guy named Etienne, everything was ok until I found out Etienne has a girlfriend, the thing is I have an issue with people that are in a relationship and still flirt with other people so I don't get what's romantic about that, another thing that bothers me is that Anna is aware that the guy is taken and apparently doesn't mind.

3) The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky   I actually own this book but I haven't been able to read it just yet, nothing against it I just keep forgetting it's somewhere in my bookshelf.

4) If I Stay by  Gayle Forman: I bought this along with Just One Day and the authors style and I just didn't get along very well so I'm procrastinating with this one.

5) Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell: This is similar to my problem with John Green, I read too many amazing reviews for Fangirl and when I finally read it I felt weird since I didn't love it as much as everyone else, so I'm kind of worried the same thing will happen with Eleanor and Park.

6)DUFF by Kody Keplinger

7)Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry

8)Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by 
Forbidden  by 

10) Dash & Lily's Book of Dares by 

6, 7 , 8, 9 & 10: I seriously don't have a reason for not reading these books other than I still haven't bough them but I plan to so I can see if I'll like them.





15 comentarios:

Alison Doherty dijo...

Lots of favorites on this list. Especially Anna and the Kiss and Eleanor and Park.

literaryfeline dijo...

I know what you mean about hype. Too much of it has turned me off of a few books in the past. Completely in contradiction though, sometimes it actually has the opposite effect with me. I never know which side will win. *sigh*


I do like John Green, at least the two novels I read by him. And If I Stay was good. I have no interest in reading the sequel even though just about everyone I know has said I should.


I am listening to Eleanor and Park at the moment, sure I would hate it but determined to try it because of the hype. I'm loving it so far.

CarrieAnne dijo...

I also share your distaste for obscenely overhyped books, particularly since I almost always have the opposite opinion from the crowd. I deliberately avoid these types of books.


Of your list, the book I'm least likely to read is probably Forbidden. The incest squicks me out, and I've read a lot of scathing reviews saying it's not treated with any real depth or development.

Chrissi Reads on 3 de febrero de 2015, 0:27 dijo...

I have The Duff on my list as well this week. The hype scares me, but I do still really want to read it! I have a copy of If I Stay, but I'm yet to get around to it! I really enjoyed Eleanor & Park. I hope you get to read these books soon.

christine danielle dijo...

Yeah,TFIOS was good but the old way the characters speak was highly unlikely.

But still a great list.

My Top Ten Tuesday!

Paulina on 3 de febrero de 2015, 15:17 dijo...

Yes, what especially put me of was that Green wouldn't admit that teenagers don't speak like that, even incredibly smart ones, not every book is perfect even his books have mistakes.

Paulina on 3 de febrero de 2015, 15:18 dijo...

I am going to give Eleanor & Park a chance, fortunately I haven't read many reviews fro DUFF but I have heard it's becoming a movie so I want to read the book before it comes out in theaters.

Paulina on 3 de febrero de 2015, 15:24 dijo...

When a book keeps popping up on my feed I try to avoid reading reviews about it and I don't read it until the madness about it dies a little bit.
The incest in Forbidden is way outside of my comfort zone but I'm trying to give it a chance.

Paulina on 3 de febrero de 2015, 16:27 dijo...

I think what I hate about John Green is how many people act like his writing has no flaws.

Paulina on 3 de febrero de 2015, 16:32 dijo...

I'm still pretty unsure about Anna and the French Kiss, Eleanor and Park I just bought a few weeks ago.

Claire on 3 de febrero de 2015, 17:53 dijo...

I haven't picked up Paper Towns among other Green books, which is the one I want to read most. I wasn't extremely impressed by TFIOS or Abundance of Katherines either, but Paper Towns sounds more like my kind of read. I also desperately want to read Perks of Being a Wallflower and DUFF. There's a lot of hype around both, but I want to experience them for myself (and if I enjoy them, great!) Anyways, I hope you enjoy all ten of these:D


Claire @ Cover to Cover

Zizzy Book Babble dijo...

I need to read a couple of these books too LOL!! Here is my Top Ten Tuesday if you wanna check it out :) http://bookbabble.weebly.com/blog/top-ten-tuesday1

Frannie Panglossa on 4 de febrero de 2015, 6:27 dijo...

Forbidden. That book... OMG, you must read it. It totally opened my eyes!

My TTT: http://frannieinthepages.blogspot.it/2015/02/top-ten-tuesday-ten-books-i-cant.html

Paulina on 4 de febrero de 2015, 12:42 dijo...

I think that my main problem with TFIOS is that it was a bit predictable at times and kind of reminded me of a movie.

Paulina on 4 de febrero de 2015, 13:27 dijo...

Ok, I just have to remember to buy it next time I go to the bookstore.

Publicar un comentario

 

The Little Book Pixie Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos