sábado, 21 de febrero de 2015

The Ruby Circle by Richelle Mead

Publicado por Lina Jiménez en 21:30
Title: The Ruby Circle
Series: Bloodline #6
Author: Richelle Mead
Date Published: February 10th 2015

Publisher: Razorbill

The epic conclusion to Richelle Mead's New York Times bestselling Bloodlines series is finally here...

Sydney Sage is an Alchemist, one of a group of humans who dabble in magic and serve to bridge the worlds of humans and vampires. They protect vampire secrets—and human lives.

After their secret romance is exposed, Sydney and Adrian find themselves facing the wrath of both the Alchemists and the Moroi in this electrifying conclusion to Richelle Mead’s New York Times bestselling Bloodlines series. When the life of someone they both love is put on the line, Sydney risks everything to hunt down a deadly former nemesis. Meanwhile, Adrian becomes enmeshed in a puzzle that could hold the key to a shocking secret about spirit magic, a secret that could shake the entire Moroi world.
 



First of all let me tell you that I didn't hate this book I just expected some much more from it, about two years ago I started reading the Vampire Academy books and I liked them a lot so when I finished that series I continued with Bloodlines, it took me about two books to really get into this series and books #4 and #5 definitely are one of my favorites and I think that after having some great plots and character growth this book just felt lacking.

*This Review contains spoilers if you haven't read the book I recommend you skip this review*

Things I did Like:

-I definitely liked seeing how much Sydney and Adrian have changed. Adrian has always been my favorite and to see him go from irresponsible party boy to a person who is working to be better not for a girl but for himself. I love how much Sydney grew to embrace her magic and to trust Moroi and Dhampir's. The fact that we've seen both characters since the original VA books it has allowed the author to develop these characters in a very interesting way.

-I have to admit that I was really loving the first half of the book, the pace was going great, and they went to Pittsburgh!!

Things I didn't like:

-My main problem I think is that most of the book revolved around getting Jill back, I've never been a huge fan of her not in this series nor in VA, the fact that she put herself and all the other Palm Springs gang and risk just because she wanted to model was the point of no return for me, I mean poor Jill she wants to model but they won't let her, it's not like people have tried to kill her before and had to go into hiding. Instead of everyone being worried about Jill it would have been more interesting to read more about the conflicts between Moroi and Alchemist.

-Rose and Dimitri'd appearances intros book felt a little bit forced for me. I get that fans like seeing new character, I certainly enjoyed seeing Dimitri and Sonia appear in book 2 and try but in book 2  it made sense for them to appear. When Lissa was competing to become Queen the law stated that she had to have a living relative, so if your only living relative is missing and may be dead it totally makes sense to send away your two most trusted protectors, it's not like people haven't been trying to dethrone you. Also Rose seemed me a little bit cartoonish. Spoiler!!!! I don't buy Dimitri not knowing he was Adrian's cousin, in VA he was always informed on who was who, to just don't seem like him not knowing who his father is

-No Angeline, I get she was in school but it would have been nice to see her.

-The epilogue (Spoilers ahead!) 

The epilogue seemed incredibly rushed to me and used to tie the remaining loose ends, Adrian and Sydney got everything they wanted and they lived happily ever after.

Final Rating:   








0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

 

The Little Book Pixie Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos