lunes, 29 de septiembre de 2014

Top Ten Tuesday (41)

Publicado por Lina Jiménez en 9:30

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted at The Broke and The Bookish.  Each week a new top ten list is posted, and to participate all you have to do is fill in YOUR top ten for the list.

This week is Top Ten Books That Were Hard For Me To Read.


1) The Hobbit by  J.R.R. Tolkien: I have been trying to read this book for over two years, I don't Know what it is but this book hasn't been able to capture my attention.

2) A Gate of Night by Fella Forrest: This was the sixth book in the Shade of Vampire Series, I loved the first three books but the next three books could have been just one since they were filled with chapter devoted on reminding the reader how perfect the main character was and how much the hero loved and needed her.

3) The Rules for Breaking by Ashley Elston: The first book in the series was amazing and I honestly believed a second book was not necessary. In this book Anna, a main character that I loved turned into a one of those teenagers that dice ides to "rebel" in a very stupid way, I mean a teenage girl certainly knows how to handle drug cartels better than anyone.

4) Frost by Marianna Baer: This was supposed to be a ghost story but it's more like a psychological thriller that dragged a lot.

5) Blood Rites by Quinn Loftis: Who doesn't like a character that is sarcastic and funny? I know I do but in this book it was overdone there was a character that was sarcastic and "funny" even when she had been in a major car accident and one of her best friends was incredibly injured.

6) The Devil Wears Prada: This was one of those extremely rare cases where I liked the movie better than the book.

7)The Treatment by Suzanne Young: This series had an excellent concept and the first book was amazing but the second book turned the heroine into Bella Swan, also mayor plotholes made it hard to read.

8)Trial by Fire by Josephine Angelini : I had problems with the main character here, I loved Lily at first because she was a fighter but when she got to the other Salem she turned into one of those people that ere stubborn in stupid situations, there was a point where she is told that she has to change her appearance for safety reasons but noooo how dare anyone suggest she color her hair and when she is on the run she can't believe that her vegan sensibilities weren't considered.

9)The Daughters by Joanna Philbin: I know that we all have had insecurities about our looks but here the main character complains about her mother being so beautiful that it ruins her life.

10)Deep Blue by Jennifer Donnelly: There was a mermaid language introduced here that seemed to be based on bad puns and that was kind of annoying.

2 comentarios:

Jessica on 30 de septiembre de 2014, 17:59 dijo...

I also liked the movie of The Devil Wears Prada better than the book! I thought I was just prejudiced by having seen the movie before reading the book, so I'm glad you had the same opinion. I thought the character development (particularly Andy's change over time) was done more subtly and realistically in the movie.

Lina Jiménez on 1 de octubre de 2014, 7:27 dijo...

I totally agree, in the book it kinda felt a bit rushed.

Publicar un comentario

 

The Little Book Pixie Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos