lunes, 4 de agosto de 2014

Top Ten Tuesday (34)

Publicado por Lina Jiménez en 22:30


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted at The Broke and The Bookish.  Each week a new top ten list is posted, and to participate all you have to do is fill in YOUR top ten for the list.

This week is Top Ten Books that you would recommend to people who haven't read X


       1)      If you’ve never read Historical Romance I would recommend the “Bridgerton” series by Julia Quinn. It features a loving family, great plots and the Regency era.
2)      If you’ve never read Contemporary Young Adult I would absolutely tell you to read Since You’ve been Gone by Morgan Matson. It shows you a girl coming out of her shell; it shows friendship and relationships in an excellent way.
3)      If you want to read a dystopian novel then you NEED to read 1984 by George Orwell. I can’t tell you how much I love this books and the emotional rollercoaster that was reading this book.
4)      You want a book with time travel go buy The River of Time series by Lisa Tawn Bergren. It has medieval times and Italian hotties.
5)      You’re curious about historical fiction check out the Accursed Kings series by Maurice Druon I already feature it here! And if you don’t believe me listen to George R. R. Martin, he called these books the original Game of Thrones.
6)      Since fairytale retellings seem to be popular right now and you need something light to read then I would tell you to look into Jessica Day George’s Princess series.
7)      Mermaids have always been a favorite of mine so if someone asks me which book is my favorite I would tell you its Monstrous Beauty by Elizabeth Fama.
8)      When people ask me if I have any mystery books to recommend I usually tell them to read Todd Strasser’s Thrillogy.
9)      If you want to read about fairies but you’re not sure where to begin, you can never go wrong with Julie Kagawa; her Iron Fey series is absolutely amazing.
10)   Books about eating disorders are rare so if you’re looking for one Wintergirls by Laurie Halse  Anderson is a good place to start.





5 comentarios:

Unknown on 5 de agosto de 2014, 3:08 dijo...

I totally need to read "Monstrous Beauty", I love mermaid books but they are so rarely done right. "Accursed Kings" looks really good, too!
My TTT

Anónimo dijo...

Fantastic list. I like how you've pinpointed more than one genre.

Jess @ Jessticulates on 5 de agosto de 2014, 4:48 dijo...

Great selection! ^__^

Unknown on 6 de agosto de 2014, 21:11 dijo...

1984 is on my to-read :)
Here's my list, if you wanna check it out. :) I'm experimenting with doing them on YouTube now, please like and comment if you can :) http://youtu.be/dapaLyFe-N0?list=UUP4Ao6fj3mLXHqOSSxyqh8w

marissa | Rae Gun Ramblings on 8 de agosto de 2014, 0:02 dijo...

Ah I love how you did your list!

Publicar un comentario

 

The Little Book Pixie Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos