martes, 26 de mayo de 2015

Waiting on Wednesday (76): The Witch Hunter by Virginia Boecker

Publicado por Lina Jiménez en 21:30

Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spinethat spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

My pick this week is:

Title: The Witch Hunter
Series: The Witch Hunter #1
Author: Virginia Boecker
Date Published: June 2nd 2015

Publisher: Little Brown Books for Young Readers

Your greatest enemy isn't what you fight, but what you fear.

Elizabeth Grey is one of the king's best witch hunters, devoted to rooting out witchcraft and doling out justice. But when she's accused of being a witch herself, Elizabeth is arrested and sentenced to burn at the stake.

Salvation comes from a man she thought was her enemy. Nicholas Perevil, the most powerful and dangerous wizard in the kingdom, offers her a deal: he will save her from execution if she can break the deadly curse that's been laid upon him.

But Nicholas and his followers know nothing of Elizabeth's witch hunting past--if they find out, the stake will be the least of her worries. And as she's thrust into the magical world of witches, ghosts, pirates, and one all-too-handsome healer, Elizabeth is forced to redefine her ideas of right and wrong, of friends and enemies, and of love and hate.

Virginia Boecker weaves a riveting tale of magic, betrayal, and sacrifice in this unforgettable fantasy debut.
 



Why I'm Waiting:

-This is a new author, at least for me, and you can never have enough new authors in your life.

- I always like books that have royal courts in them, in my opinion that's one of the best settings for a book.



9 comentarios:

Hafsah on 27 de mayo de 2015, 0:16 dijo...

YES. I love Virginia, and I am super excited for her debut. Great pick!

Stop by my WoW

Jess Gofton on 27 de mayo de 2015, 8:56 dijo...

Interesting pick! I'm hoping to read this one soon myself as I just received a copy from netgalley. :) I'll be sure to share my thoughts in a review!

Paulina on 27 de mayo de 2015, 11:38 dijo...

This is the first book I've read by this author, so I'm pretty excited:)

Paulina on 27 de mayo de 2015, 11:39 dijo...

Lucky you! I'll make sure to check out your review.

Jason dijo...

Very cool pick. Seen this book around and might just have to get me a copy when it comes out.

My WoW

Jason @GeekBoyOnThePage

Emma Hunter on 27 de mayo de 2015, 13:51 dijo...

Awesome pick!! This is on my TBR list too and I've heard some great things about it :-) I hope you enjoy! Here's my WoW if you would like to check it out :-) Have a great day!

Joana dijo...

I saw this a few times last week too, but with an alternative cover? The other grabbed my attention better I think.

Joana @ The Boundless Book List

Lizzie the Sarcastic Blonde on 27 de mayo de 2015, 18:21 dijo...

I only just recently found this book, but it sounds really good!
Lizzie @ lizziethesarcasticblonde.blogspot.com

Caryn Caldwell on 29 de mayo de 2015, 13:33 dijo...

I love books with royal courts!!! They're so much fun. And this one looks amazing. It's definitely on my short list of books to read.

Publicar un comentario

 

The Little Book Pixie Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos