lunes, 18 de mayo de 2015

The Heir by Kiera Cass Review

Publicado por Lina Jiménez en 19:00
Princess Eadlyn has grown up hearing endless stories about how her mother and father met. Twenty years ago, America Singer entered the Selection and won the heart of Prince Maxon—and they lived happily ever after. Eadlyn has always found their fairy-tale story romantic, but she has no interest in trying to repeat it. If it were up to her, she'd put off marriage for as long as possible.

But a princess's life is never entirely her own, and Eadlyn can't escape her very own Selection—no matter how fervently she protests.

Eadlyn doesn't expect her story to end in romance. But as the competition begins, one entry may just capture Eadlyn's heart, showing her all the possibilities that lie in front of her . . . and proving that finding her own happily ever after isn't as impossible as she's always thought.




The Selection is that series that I love to hate  I liked book one but hated book two, since most of the problems I had with this series came from the main character so I decided to give America's daughter a chance. Big Mistake.


First of all, Why do authors feel the need to give characters names you can't pronounce, it's not cute or original. You know you're going to have problems with a book when you don't like the main character, Eadlyn is basically that pampered girl you saw so many times in My Super Sweet Sixteen, a girl that complained about everything, felt that her life was unfair and didn't understand why things didn't happen the way she wanted them to.
Here are some examples of her being a brat:


"Had I been born a generation earlier, it wouldn't have mattered. Ahren was the male, so Ahren would have been the heir.
Alas, Mom and Dad couldn't stand to watch their firstborn be stripped of a title by an unfortunate but rather lovely set of breasts. So they changed the law, and the people rejoiced, and I was trained day by day to become the next ruler of Illea.
What they didn't understand was that their attempts to make my life fair seemed rather unfair to me."
Excuse me for not being sorry about the fact that your parents believe in gender equality, it must be so awful to have a Throne handed to you simply because you were the older twin. 

"Yes, but why were you so harsh? For a few you simply said 'no' or flicked your hand."

"When my father is stern, no one chastises him. I don't think it's fair that when I act similarly, I'm seen as cruel..."


Correct me if I'm wrong but I remember Maxon eliminating the girls privately to spare them the humiliation of being sent home, the Princess here does it on national broadcast and she still is upset to find out that people didn't find it charming or funny.


"Mark is a chemist. He's studying biochemistry, specifically."

My eyes widened. "Really? Such a range in your professions."
She frowned. "There's no caste system anymore, Your Highness. People can date and marry anyone they want to."
I turned away from the mirror to look at her directly. "That's not what I mean. It's simply intriguing to me the dynamic you must have. You have my laundry in your arms, and he might cure a disease.Those are two incredibly different roles in the world."
Her treatment of people in general is awful but the wort part is that she feels it's her right to do it because she is the heir of the throne.

The saving grace of all of this was that the people could didn't love her they actually people were protesting against her and not scared to show it, sadly Eadlyn was more concerned over her Tiaras and the fact that the Palace didn't have  a pool.

Final Rating

 photo rating2_zpshkafjrby.png”/></a></p><div><br></div></div><p><font face=


0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

 

The Little Book Pixie Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos