lunes, 4 de mayo de 2015

Top Ten Tuesday (63): Top Ten Books I Will Probably Never Read

Publicado por Lina Jiménez en 21:30

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted at The Broke and The Bookish.  Each week a new top ten list is posted, and to participate all you have to do is fill in YOUR top ten for the list.

Top Ten Books I Will Probably Never Read

1) 99 Days by Katie Cotugno: I really don't like books that feature cheating main characters, I just think that even if it's just a kiss you're still going to hurt a third party and as a person who went through this, it's awful.

2) The Hobbit by J. R. R. Tolkien: This has nothing to do with the writing or author, I just remember that the cover of this book in my library had a very scary looking Hobbit and apparently I still haven't gotten over it.

3)Don Quixote: I think snobish people and many of my teachers made me sick of this book before even picking it up, yeah I get it's like the Bible of Spanish literature but reading it doesn't make you smarter/better than everyone else

4)Most Books by John Green: I read The Fault In Our Stars and I can say that the writing is beautiful but for a reason I just don't enjoy reading his books. Nothing personal against him  I think he is an amazing writer person 

5) Anything by Phillipa Gregory: I love history, and I understand that authors sometimes change some aspects of history to accommodate their stories but after reading one of her books and seeing her complete disregard for historical facts I decided she and I don't get along.





22 comentarios:

debnance dijo...

I loved The Hobbit and Don Quixote, but we all have the right to choose yes or no.

Here's mine!

Rosy on 5 de mayo de 2015, 6:09 dijo...

I hope the terrifying Hobbit doesn't put you off forever, it's a great story. But I know what you mean about scary covers staying with you and making you not want to read books. I had awful trouble picking up one of the Tamora Pierce covers because there was a spider monster on the front - I had to find another cover and it still took me forever!
My TTT

Lauren on 5 de mayo de 2015, 6:25 dijo...

Haha! I love your reason for not reading The Hobbit! And it's just made me realise that I missed out a series of books for the exact same reason! Must add it on!
Here's my TTT: http://myexpandingbookshelf.blogspot.com/2015/05/teaser-and-top-ten-tuesday-5-may.html

Elizabeth Bogardus dijo...

i totally agree about Philippa Gregory messing around with history, although I enjoy the movie and HBO series from her books for the entertainment value and costumes! Hope you'll stop by.

My TTT

Have a great week!

bigorangemichael dijo...

John Green's An Abundance of Katherines was better than The Fault...at least that' what I think. :)

Paulina on 5 de mayo de 2015, 10:29 dijo...

Maybe when I'm older I might read them but in the near future I just don't see it happening.

Paulina on 5 de mayo de 2015, 11:01 dijo...

I'm trying to get over it, I even bough the book but I still can't bring myself to read it.

Paulina on 5 de mayo de 2015, 11:24 dijo...

It's just one of those childhood things you have a hard time getting over but hopefully I'll be able to read it one day:)

Paulina on 5 de mayo de 2015, 11:58 dijo...

I haven't seen the show, I think they never transmitted it here in Mexico but I'll definitely look for it!

Emma Hunter on 5 de mayo de 2015, 12:12 dijo...

I'd love to read The Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings trilogy but I've heard its quite a hard read. Still, never say never :-)

Interesting selection! Hope you're having a great day! Here's my TTT if you would like to check it out :-)

Paulina on 5 de mayo de 2015, 12:16 dijo...

I'm willing to give him another chance but I don't think it'll be soon.

Paulina on 5 de mayo de 2015, 13:00 dijo...

I already bout the Hobbit, so I guess the first step has been completed no I need to find the motivation to start reading it.

Elizabeth Bogardus dijo...

The HBO show was the White Queen about 2 years ago, so you should be able to get it on DVD if it's not somewhere else.

Maggie Seagraves on 5 de mayo de 2015, 16:27 dijo...

LOL about your reason for not reading The Hobbit! I personally did not enjoy it. I wouldn't have chosen to read it, but it was for school. :( Happy reading!:)

Chrissi Reads on 5 de mayo de 2015, 17:09 dijo...

I didn't realise 99 Days had cheating in it. That totally puts me off!

Paulina on 5 de mayo de 2015, 17:17 dijo...

I've heard many mixed things about it, add the fact that I didn't enjoy the movies and it doesn't motivate me to read it.

Paulina on 5 de mayo de 2015, 17:18 dijo...

From the blurb and the reviews I've read the main character cheats on a pair of brothers.

Paulina on 5 de mayo de 2015, 17:18 dijo...

Thanks! I'll definitely look for them on Amazon.

Jo Elliott dijo...

I had John Green on my list too, after my experience with TFIOS, I am not going near him again! I probably wouldn't read The Hobbit either. I hate it when authors change history too much-like you can tweak little bits but you can't change the entire history of the period!
My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2015/05/05/top-ten-tuesday-3/

Paulina on 7 de mayo de 2015, 11:11 dijo...

Yes! There is just something about John Green that just doesn't appeal to me.

Jo Elliott dijo...

I completely understand!

Jo Elliott dijo...

I completely understand

Publicar un comentario

 

The Little Book Pixie Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos