martes, 10 de marzo de 2015

Waiting on Wednesday (65): The Wicked Will Rise

Publicado por Lina Jiménez en 21:30

Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spinethat spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

My pick this week is:


Title: The Wicked Will Rise
Series: Dorothy Must Die #2
Author: Danielle Paige 
Release Date :March 31st 2015
Publisher: Harper Collins

In this dark, high-octane sequel to the New York Times bestselling Dorothy Must Die, Amy Gumm must do everything in her power to kill Dorothy and free Oz.


To make Oz a free land again, Amy Gumm was given a mission: remove the Tin Woodman’s heart, steal the Scarecrow’s brain, take the Lion’s courage, and then Dorothy must die....

But Dorothy still lives. Now the Revolutionary Order of the Wicked has vanished, and mysterious Princess Ozma might be Amy’s only ally. As Amy learns the truth about her mission, she realizes that she’s only just scratched the surface of Oz’s past—and that Kansas, the home she couldn't wait to leave behind, may also be in danger. In a place where the line between good and evil shifts with just a strong gust of wind, who can Amy trust—and who is really Wicked?



The original story of The Wizard of Oz and the movie with Judy Garland have always creeped me out and frankly  I was reluctant to read the first book but I was very surprised by how much I liked it so I'm pretty pumped for the release of the second part of this trilogy.

11 comentarios:

Emma Hunter on 11 de marzo de 2015, 12:04 dijo...

Anything to do with The Wizard of Oz holds my interest! I'm definitely putting this on my to-read-list! :-) Thank you for sharing! My WoW is a retelling of Captain Hook! :-) http://emmasbookery.blogspot.co.uk/2015/03/hosted-by-breaking-spine-happy_11.html

Paulina on 11 de marzo de 2015, 12:31 dijo...

Retellings seem very popular this week, Thanks for stopping by!

Megan McDade dijo...

I need to read Dorothy Must Die ASAP.

My WOW http://readingawaythedays.blogspot.co.uk/2015/03/waiting-on-wednesday-30.html

Kim dijo...

I still haven't read Dorothy Must Die, but I really want to get to it soon. There are just so many books on my TBR! Great pick! I really will get to DMD soon, I promise! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Paulina on 11 de marzo de 2015, 22:17 dijo...

I personally liked it, it was really a book I didn't have high expectations of but it surprised me.

Sara dijo...

I've been meaning to read Dorothy Must Die. Thanks for sharing this. Just reminds me I need to get on top of starting this series :)

My WoW: http://saraella.com/2015/03/waiting-on-wednesday-shades-of-doon.html

Bookaholics Anonymous on 12 de marzo de 2015, 10:21 dijo...

I have the first book I need to get too.

Paulina on 12 de marzo de 2015, 11:20 dijo...

It's very interesting, hope you enjoy it!

Paulina on 12 de marzo de 2015, 12:18 dijo...

I liked it and I'm not even a fan of the Wizard of Oz.

Paulina on 12 de marzo de 2015, 13:04 dijo...

I hope you get a chance to read it!

leeanna @ leeanna.me on 12 de marzo de 2015, 19:12 dijo...

I wasn't a huge fan of the first, but I'll check this one out because I'm curious to see where the story will go. I hope you enjoy it as much as you liked book 1!

Leeanna.me: WoW

Publicar un comentario

 

The Little Book Pixie Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos