martes, 8 de julio de 2014

Top Ten Tuesday (30)

Publicado por Lina Jiménez en 7:30


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted at The Broke and The Bookish.  Each week a new top ten list is posted, and to participate all you have to do is fill in YOUR top ten for the list.
This week is Top Ten Book Blogger Confessions

1)      I don’t have a library card.  Even though I live in one of the largest cities in the world the libraries in Mexico City suck because of this I have never felt the need to get a library card.
2)      I am a horrible book owner. I do have certain books that are in perfect conditions but most of them have cracked spines, writing in the margins, food stains etc.
3)      Most of my books have mismatched covers it bothers me at times but sadly I can’t do much about it.
4)      I tend to stay away from hyped books, since I tend to expect so much from them and many times they disappoint me.
5)      I used to be embarrassed by my reading habits; this was because many people would say it’s not right to spend so much time reading.
6)      I don’t buy used books. My mom is a clean freak and says that paper stores too many microbes so she forbids used books.
7)      I always write the date books are going to be released so I won’t forget to buy them
8)      Although I will always prefer “real” books to e-books my wallet prefers e-books since they are cheaper
9)      If you ask me to borrow one of my books I will most likely buy you your own copy so I won’t have to share.

10)   No one is allowed to touch my bookshelves without my permission because the organization system only makes sense to me.




3 comentarios:

Tracy on 8 de julio de 2014, 10:07 dijo...

I don't own a library card anymore either. I just find that I enjoy actually owning my books and often it's not as expensive as you might think (but I do buy used). I also buy more ebooks than hard copies. This is mostly because my husband thinks books are a waste of space...

Here are my Confessions!

Keira @ Lazy Book Lovers on 8 de julio de 2014, 11:06 dijo...

No library card here. I learned long ago that I don't like returning books, so it's better not to chance it.

Great confessions! Our TTT!

Enbrethiliel on 10 de julio de 2014, 6:38 dijo...

+JMJ+

I try to get all my covers in a series to match, but if they can't, then I make sure that the different cover has some company--if you take my meaning. ;-) That is, if it has to stick out like a sore thumb, then at least there will be another sore thumb to be its friend. LOL!

Since the libraries in your area aren't that great, I guess there's no point in saying, "At least you have libraries!" But well, there are no public libraries in my city. So we're in the same boat!

Publicar un comentario

 

The Little Book Pixie Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos