miércoles, 6 de enero de 2016

2016 Reading Challenges

Publicado por Lina Jiménez en 21:30


Every year people around the internet come up with incredible prompts to help readers pick what to red next. In my opinion they also make reading more fun because certain prompts sometimes help you pick up a book you might not have otherwise. I might join other challenges during the year but one the meantime these are the ones I'm doing.

The Goodreads Reading Challenge 


I use this one to basically set a goal for how many books I want to read, in past years I always set the goal to 100 but since starting College my reading time has suffered so I set my goal to 50, fingers crossed so that I can raise my goal!


TBR Pile Reading Challenge


We all have those books. We buy them, win them, they're gifted to us. Then we put them up on a bookshelf and there they stay, collecting dust, waiting for the time when we'll finally decide to pick them up.

Join us on a quest to dust off your TBR Pile and read all the books you've been telling yourself you'll read next time you'll get a chance. This is your chance!

For this challenge I chose to read  50+ books, so that means I'm married with children!

Young Adult Book Club's A-Z Reading Challenge 2016 


For this Challenge I have to Either the first word in the title of the books or the author’s name (first or last) should correspond with a letter in the alphabet.


-You should omit “a” and “the” in the titles.



-Letters Q, X and Z can be positioned anywhere in the titles or author names.

Young Adult Book Club's Quarterly Challenge #20 (Dec 1, 2015-Feb 28, 2016)

This one started in December but thanks to midterms I wasn't able to read anything for it, luckily it's only ten books 


1. Read a book that is a new release published in December of 2015, January or February of 2016.

2. Many book awards are announced in the winter (Printz, Newbery, Cybils, etc). Read a past or present award winner. You can also read a book from the GoodReads Choice Awards winner lists.

3. Read a book that takes place during winter or a winter holiday (Christmas, Valentines Day etc).

4. Read a book whose title starts with a letter from the word WINTER

5. December 21 is Short Story Day. Read a short story, novella or short story collection.

6. January 1 is Euro Day. Read a book set in or published in any European country.

7. January 2 is Science Fiction Day. Read a science fiction book. Dystopian counts of course. 


8. February is Library Lovers month. Read a book from the library or from a friends library!

9. February 26 is Tell a Fairy Tale Day. Read a fairy tale re-telling or a book inspired by a fairy tale.

10. February 28 is Floral Design Day. Read a book with flowers on the cover or a character with a flower name.



















0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

 

The Little Book Pixie Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos