miércoles, 17 de febrero de 2016

Rogue by Julie Kagawa Review

Publicado por Lina Jiménez en 21:30
Title: Rogue 
Series: Talon #2
Author: Julie Kagawa 
Date Published:  April 28th 2015 

Publisher: MIRA Ink

Deserter
Traitor
ROGUE.
Ember Hill left the dragon organization Talon to take her chances with rebel dragon Cobalt and his crew of rogues. But Ember can't forget the sacrifice made for her by the human boy who could have killed her—Garret Xavier Sebastian, a soldier of the dragonslaying Order of St. George, the boy who saved her from a Talon assassin, knowing that by doing so, he'd signed his own death warrant.
Determined to save Garret from execution, Ember must convince Cobalt to help her break into the Order's headquarters. With assassins after them and Ember's own brother helping Talon with the hunt, the rogues find an unexpected ally in Garret and a new perspective on the underground battle between Talon and St. George.
A reckoning is brewing and the secrets hidden by both sides are shocking and deadly. Soon Ember must decide: Should she retreat to fight another day...or start an all-out war?

Things I liked:

-I certainly found Ember less annoying in this book, don't get me wrong there were still moments when I wanted to slap her but she certainly was less Bella Swanish in this book. Fighting for your survival will certainly distract you from complaining about life.

-The plot, after the fiasco that was book one I'm so happy to see things happening other than romance.

Things I didn't like:

-The overall concept of Dragons camouflaging as humans just doesn't work for me, the problem isn't just this series I had the same problem with Sophie Jordan's Firelight series. They way they are written is just too human that makes me forget that Ember is not a human girl, it's nothing like reading about other literary dragons like Saphira from Eragon when you just feel that she is a Dragon.

-Riley Cobalt enters my top 10 romantic interest that give me the creeps. The way he calls Ember Firebrand rubs me the wrong way for some reason.

Final Thoughts:

Even though I like were the series is going I can't help but wish that the series focused on the founding of Talon and St. George instead of Ember and her brother

Final Rating:





0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

 

The Little Book Pixie Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos