miércoles, 30 de marzo de 2016

The One (The Selection #3) by Kiera Cass Review

Publicado por Lina Jiménez en 21:30
Title: The One 
Series: The Selection #3
Author: Kiera Cass 
Date Published:  May 6th 2014 
Publisher:  HarperCollins Publisher

The time has come for one winner to be crowned.

When she was chosen to compete in the Selection, America never dreamed she would find herself anywhere close to the crown—or to Prince Maxon's heart. But as the end of the competition approaches, and the threats outside the palace walls grow more vicious, America realizes just how much she stands to lose—and how hard she'll have to fight for the future she wants.




When the Selection first came out I loved it, read it in one sitting, pre ordered The Elite as soon as I could but halfway down the second book things started to go downhill and sadly it wasn't just a case of second book syndrome.

Things I liked:

Seeing more of the other girls, especially the fact that America started to see them as human beings rather than just things that were in her way.

Things I didn't like:


America, this made me quite sad because I absolutely loved her in the first book but as the series progresses she just annoyed me most of the time. I think something that annoyed me a lot was that the author kept trying to force down my throat  the idea that America is a good person, when reading a book I judge characters based on their actions and not what authors tell me  plus I agree with Elise, America tended to act like she was some kind of saint.


-I honestly think America should have chosen to remain single, the way I saw it she didn't like/love Aspen or Maxon, her affections was easily won by the guy who always did what she wanted and never disagreed with her.


Things that were missing:


During the whole series I would have liked to see more of the world outside the palace and have more time with the Rebels this was supposed to be a dystopia after all.

Final Rating:

 photo rating_zpsnhtrqt63.png

0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

 

The Little Book Pixie Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos