jueves, 19 de junio de 2014

Shattered by Teri Terry Review

Publicado por Lina Jiménez en 8:30
Title: Shattered
Series: Slated#3
Author:Teri Terry
Pages: 416
Published: March 6th 2014
Publisher: Orchard Books

Kyla's memory was erased,
her personality wiped blank,
her memories lost for ever.

Or so she thought.

After the shocking events of SLATED and FRACTURED, we return to Kyla's oppressive world as she tries to make sense of her lfe and everything around her.

Set in a disturbing near-future world, this is the conclusion to an engrossing, fast-paced trilogy that establishes Teri Terry as a master thriller writer.

Book 3 in the acclaimed SLATED trilogy.


So this is one of the best series ending that I’ve read so far, yes it totally broke my heart but unlike many endings that did the same, the heartbreak made sense in this book.

Pros:

-Kayla has been amazing through the series; she started as a scared girl with no memories and slowly became a young woman that is doing anything she can to take down a corrupt system. Like any human Kayla, Riley Hope or whatever you want to call her had her ups and downs but I felt she always acted maturely considering how her whole life had been.

-Aiden was a character that I didn’t care about not because he was bad or anything he just didn’t capture my interest however in Shattered he really gained my respect especially concerning his feelings for Kayla he told her how he felt but he never did anything because he knew she didn’t see him that way.

-I loved how the book ended, things weren’t magically perfect in the end but they were getting better and perhaps the most important thing was that Kayla got closure.

Cons:

-Ben: He was never my favorite character I actually found him to be very bland but I hated him in this book for all the things he did for all the things he did especially the way he used Kayla.

Overall I was very satisfied with the way the series ended; I couldn’t ask more from this amazing author.

Rating: 


0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

 

The Little Book Pixie Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos